This is a message from a Nigerian living in the US, it’s worth sharing!
DON’T EVER CURSE YOUR COUNTRY
1. If you don’t know how you are blessed, you will think your father’s farm is worse than your friend father’s farm.
2. $1 is #500 and so what?
3. Let me elucidate from my little experience. Can anyone in the US use $1 for breakfast? No!
4. But in Nigeria, #500 will give you breakfast and lunch.
5. Majority of people’s monthly house rent (self contained apartment) in the USA is $1,000 and above … and that is your own 2 year’s.
6. Have you ever paid for insurance before ? Insurance in the US is $280 and that is almost #100,000 monthly.
7. When last did you pay monthly phone bills ? I pay almost #40,000 monthly and if I don’t, they are going to block my SIM. Your own MTN can be there for months without problems.
8. You are abundantly blessed but you don’t know until you get visa and relocate abroad, that is when you will know that your 8-hour job in Nigeria with free weekend is a woof.
9. With 8- hour job abroad, you can only pay bills, you need other 6 to 8 hours jobs to save for the future and plan your life.
10. The truth is that the grass is green everywhere, it’s lack of vision greed of our leaders/politicians and the skewed religious practices (which placed emphasis on miracles) that ascended Nigeria onto a myopic tentacle of complete standstill.
11. Always thank God wherever you may find yourself. Nigeria is good and will be better.
12. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.